Eye creams: are they worth it? Do I need to invest in an eye cream?March 3, 2021
Men and SkincareMarch 18, 2021
We wanted to share a quick bullet point guide to all the key pointers that you need for beautiful, healthy and glowing skin.
- The most obvious and most talked about point is drink water; drink 1.5-2 litres of water a day. Room temperature or warm water is best because it is kind to your gut and helps digestion of food/absorption of minerals.
- 5 to 7 hours of sleep is the ideal amount of sleep needed for beautiful skin – make changes immediately if you are not. Get some sleep!
- Avoid sugar! Sugar causes inflammation in the skin which leads to a variety of skin conditions.
- Spend some time in the sun getting Vitamin D. If you are in colder climates, Vitamin D supplements are suggested.
- Eat foods that will help you make collagen i.e. proteins. Alternatively introduce collagen powders or supplements to your diet.
- Commit to eating healthy balanced meals that contain some good fats and carbohydrates. Examples include fish, avocado, extra virgin oil and complex carbohydrates.
- Eliminate caffeine and alcohol from your diet. Caffeine is a stimulant that triggers cortisol which exacerbates skin issues whilst alcohol leads to dehydration.
- Reduce exposure to blue light via your phones and television screens.
- Avoid stress and take the time to destress and decompress. Use this time to include a good skin care routine in your daily life.
- Avoid smoking because it decreases the flow of oxygen to your skin and robs your skin of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is useful in the synthesis of collagen.
- Fill you life with things and people that inspire you and make you happy. Feeling good emotionally and mentally reduces cortisol and stress hormones that impact on your skin.
These pointers are the foundations of a holistic approach to ensuring that you have skin that you love. These pointers should become part of your lifestyle; habits that you practice consistently. Remember, consistency is the key to achieving success in everything in life.
Till the next time. Live in love and love life xxx